6 Key Benefits of Converting to VoIP
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is becoming more popular as businesses realize the many advantages to integrating a unified communications system into their organization. Companies large and small can benefit from transitioning to this updated technology which primarily allows users to make telephone calls over the internet as opposed to the traditional copper-wire systems. From cost-savings to productivity enhancements, we’ve collected 6 key benefits that internet telephony provides.
1. Cost: VoIP providers are not dinged with the same taxes, fees, and regulations that traditional telephone providers are which results in lower costs for service. While the VoIP implementation costs vary by provider as well as the needs of the business, most organizations see a return on their telecommunications investment relatively quickly through the high-percentage of monthly savings.
2. Rich Features: Traditional phone systems typically only allow for calls and faxes while VoIP allows for calls, faxes, video conferencing, and more. VoIP allows for a unified communications system allowing users to post status updates (busy, meeting, etc.), message other users through a chat system, and easily send documents to participants of a video conference.
3. Service Mobility: VoIP allows organizations to pack up and take their phone system along as they grow into a new location. With less work involved in this transfer process, there’s a reduction in the time involved to set-up in the new space which ultimately leads to less stress and time-loss.
4. Integration: VoIP services can integrate with other business services such as the company website, company email, and more. Many organizations choose to add a click-to-call button to their websites which allow browsers to immediately speak to a user within the organization. In addition, VoIP allows for email transcription of voicemail, allowing users to access their messages more efficiently.
5. Simple Interface: VoIP allows users the ability to select their settings by providing access to an easy-to-use control panel. From updating voicemail messages, creating a forwarding number, adding harassing callers to a block list, and more, users are empowered to customize their system to their daily needs.
6. User Mobility: VoIP is not bound by geographic locations. Telecommuters and travelers alike are able to utilize their virtual office phone in any location that has an internet connection. The Find Me/Follow Me features allows users to have their number ring simultaneously on numerous devices (including mobile phones), helping to ensure that an important call will not be missed. In addition, users are able to have a US number even if the office is located in another country, allowing for a reduction in long-distance calls for clients.
Switching to a VoIP system can not only provide monthly cost-savings that can be applied to other areas of a business, but it can allow for users to work more efficiently by providing opportunities to communicate with clients and team members alike. Both enterprises and small businesses can take advantage of VoIP, creating a communications system that increases efficiency and allows an organization to grow.
Whether you’ve started to consider the change to VoIP or are looking to utilize your system to its full potential, contact us today with any questions and we’ll be happy to help.